"James, where is your belly button?"
"James, where are your eyes? James...James, look at me, your mother is speaking."
"Young man, hang up that phone this instant. We are in the middle of an important documentation."
There's no distracting James when he has his two favorite toys-- a candle & a cell phone. He likes to smell the candle and pretend to blow it out, or pretend to light it with another candle. We're going to get him a lighter for Christmas, don't spoil the surprise!
Here, James demonstrates his superior knocking skills.
OK, Mom, now you try. James actually says "Mommy" now and it melts my heart! I still have to coach him because his gut instinct is that my name is Dada.
James also says "please" which is really cute. The other day he was asking for more crackers and he kept saying, "more, more" so I said "more what?" to try to get him to use please. He looked at me and smiled like he realized what I wanted and said, "more snack."
James even likes to pretend that other objects are candles. Here he is pretending to light the candles. The only place we ever do this is at church so I think it's cute that he's taken to it so much.
Don't forget to smell the candle too
Dinah said she couldn't tell if James was conducting or rapping in this picture. It's hard to tell because we often have the classical music station on at home but he was born in the south side of Chicago.
There is one other favorite toy--keys, and I mean real keys. James spends a lot of time trying to unlock the doors around here. I noticed that he puts the keys into the screws on his toys, which I didn't understand until I saw him trying to unlock the deadbolt by putting the keys in the screws on the lock--what a creative kid!












No comments:
Post a Comment