Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ann-Maree, Tori & Christine

We had the special treat of Ann-Maree visiting this last weekend and she brought her two best artist graduate school friends, Tori & Christine, who I've been looking forward to meeting for a year now. One of our first stops was the Celtic festival downtown. After wandering through the crowds of log-throwing and skirted men we found a nice spot to sit down with a Guinness and curry fries.
Img_9462


















Img_9465









James met us there too!
Img_9469


















Img_9473



























Img_9482




























James LOVES his Dada! I don't even say the name Dada when Clay is at work because James will get excited and run to one of the doors thinking that Clay is about to come home.
Img_9478




























Then on the way home we stopped at the Marina City/Corn Cob Buildings (no one knows what they're called) condos to reenact Wilco's album photo although James didn't really get it. First of all, band members are supposed to act like they don't even care they're having their photo taken and they certainly wouldn't be crying.
Img_9485



























Img_9487



























Much better, James
Img_9488



























Img_9496



























It's always fun to be around Ann-Maree, she gets everyone giggling eventually.
Img_9501


















And here's Christine too, we had missed her at the Wilco shoot and festival since she was out with a friend.  Here we are all enjoying lunch at Julius Meinl.
Img_9504


















Img_9506









Then to the Museum of Contemporary Art. We had to settle for a picture of us inside the museum but not of any actual art itself since there is a no picture taking rule. Maybe they're worried about the art being duplicated but I actually don't need a picture to remake a string that's tacked to the wall in the shape of a triangle. Believe it or not, we were scolded several times by an overly hyper museum guard. First of all, if an artist makes a giant clam that you're supposed to crawl into I think it probably goes without saying that you can also slide down the sides of that clam, and giggle loudly. 
Img_9511




























Back at home, one of James' favorite things to do these days is play with the candles we have on the kitchen table. These were a "no touch" item once-upon-a-time but I decided to use this as a teaching moment to help James learn that he can have whatever he wants when Mommy is tired. He doesn't say "candle" yet but he will point at them and pretend to be blowing out a flame so I know what he wants.
Img_9520


















James words these days are: down, up, hat, keys/cheese (these are the same), juice, no, hi, meow (for cat), woof (for dog), ball, dada, mama, duck, balloon, cheerio, shoes and antidisestablishmentarianism.



Img_9522



9 comments:

  1. Oh Keelie, Josephine has been saying antidisestablismentarianism for MONTHS now. She also says congle. That means candle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh katie-gas! (pard)
    thank you for your captions to pictures--you are the best at capturing your ever thoughtful son. i too have moments of "yeah, it's okay, do whatever you want--just give me 15 minutes of snooze time."
    thanks for the laughs.
    love to you and your boys-
    from me and my boys...janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal favorite is "meow". He makes the cutest little kitty noises. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. James better be practicing "taking the dog to the pound"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Janet! I'm so glad you keep up with us! We really miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julianne, I have to admit that I forgot about taking the dog to the pound which is ironic since I grew up doing that so often...we will practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lynn,
    Congle sounds nothing like candle. Have you seen the movie Nell, well, I think we all know what happens when we teach our kids words like "congle."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love James' dada too. But not so much when I see those Starbucks cups in his hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rob, first, SB coffee is extremely tasty. Second, not all of us are fortunate enough as to have such a refined coffee palate as yours.

    ReplyDelete