Monday, October 13, 2008

Img_7982



Ana has been a sleepy girl so far and Clay says she inherited that from me, as well as sleeping with her mouth wide open, thanks honey, very flattering. She has been the perfect baby and is taking it easy on us as we try to navigate being the parents of two. My Mom and Clay's Mom have also been an enormous help. I don't know what I would have done without them, thank you thank you thank you both!



Here's Grammie helping Ana get her prescribed UV rays.
Img_7970




Talk about getting pampered--breakfast in bed every day from my Mom. How am I supposed to go back to normal life? Ana's first words will be, "white, wheat or rye?"
Img_7987




Clay's great Aunt Dot and Uncle Eldon came to pay us a visit.
Img_7993



















More UV ray time. Ana was borderline jaundice and had to have her blood drawn 7 times in 15 days!
Img_8001






























Here's our other Postpartum Angel--thanks Moms!



Img_8013



































Img_8006





Img_8009























James adores his baby sister and has been a great brother. Here are some of our favorite things James has said about Ana:



"I need her."



"That's my little sister."



"Here I am little sister!"



"That's her sound." (when she coos or gurgles)



"I want to kiss the baby." (we hear this one all day long)



"I want to wrestle the baby." (only heard this one once, hopefully not again)



#1 favorite saying: "Ouch! She scratches like a dino!" (the only negative comment James has made in regards to Ana thus far)



Img_8007





James is a good helper. He will get new diapers for me and throw them away when they're dirty. Here he is "doing the file" for Ana to take care of those dino nails.



Img_8015





There's room for two in this play room!



Img_8020









































































Here's one of the delicious dinners my Mom prepared for us while she stayed here. All of the cooking attracted my brothers on a few occasions although I think they secretly just wanted to hold their baby niece.



Img_8022






Img_8027






It's entertaining to see Uncle Drew's jaws of life grip when he holds Ana.



Img_8028





In Daddy's arms. I can already tell she's got Daddy wrapped around her finger.



Img_8024



















































Bath time!



Img_8034

























Img_8036





























8 comments:

  1. My goodness, Ana is SO pretty! (Silas is a lucky guy to be arranged to marry her)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet her in person, tell her that I am coming this weekend and to be on her best behavior... that goes for James too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty and James is so sweet with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana is so beautiful. Thanks for posting pictures....I've been waiting for them. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! And I love James's comments about her. The pictures of them together make me all teary... Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Manny has to meet his future lady, you know (out of the way, Silas!). =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom Gaspard(aka Gigi)October 26, 2008 at 4:51 AM

    Having all of them in Dallas now is the very best gift Papa and I could have! Chicago is nice, but it way too far away for grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Gaspard Family! She is beautiful. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still waiting on more pictures of my favorite niece...

    ReplyDelete