Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Newest Gaspard

We finally made it home from the hospital yesterday.  Katie was amazing - she gave labor a good try (I have the cracked knuckles to prove it), but alas, the baby couldn't make it down the birth canal, so she had a C-Section and at 2:24 AM on September 18th she gave birth to Anastasia Kathryn.  Everyone was happy and healthy afterwords, though thoroughly exhausted.



Katie usually posts pictures on the blog but she is still sleeping, so you'll have to forgive me for the lack of witty banter.  Here's some of the pictures that I pulled off our camera from the last 5 days.



1w


















2w


















3w
















4w

















5w


















6w




















7t



























8t






























9w


















It's already starting...



10w
















First bath...



11w




James was thrilled when he met his new sister.  Ana had the hiccups, which James mistook for burps, thus an immediate bond was formed which can never be broken.



12w




13w
















He keeps saying "I need her" when he wants to hold her.  He does well until she starts crying and he throws his arms in the air and looks really comcerned.  We learned after the first time that you have to keep one hand on Ana at all times when he has her in his arms.



14w_2




15w


















16t






























17t






























18t






























19w


















This is Father Joseph from St. Seraphim's who came to bless her and sign her up for Sunday School..



20t




And this is just plain Father..



21t




22w_3


















23t
































24t






























25t



























26t




















27w




















28w




















29t
































30t
































31w





 























32w_2





















33t































34w























35t



































36t







































37w













































































































































































































38w_2





















41w























40w























Last



 



9 comments:

  1. She's beautiful. Noelle was so proud she sent out pictures last week, but it's so good to see more. We keep saying that we need to meet up for a playgroup since Ella and James are only a week apart and now Will and Ana are only 8 months apart...it will be fun when they are older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I think I see some resemblance to Aunt Julianne. What a beautiful girl...
    Congratulations - I look forward to seeing you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled that I got to meet Ana before moving to Houston. Hurricane Ike really worked in my favor!! I already know I will miss yall and am excited to see her grow on the blog! As for the resemblence to me (leslie)... Is there something about me that reminds people of new born babies? I got that with James too! I am going to take it as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana is BEAUTIFUL. Great job Katie, I'm so proud of you. Praise God that you are both healthy. We love you all so much. Can't wait to meet Ana. Love- The Jessens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Geez!! She's gorgeous! Makes me what another baby... this is a very dangerous emotional state. Quick--remind me of the pain, the exhaustion and the stretch marks!
    I'm so happy for you all--
    enjoy the little stage.
    Love, Aunt Corene

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is soooo beautiful! Congratulations, guys! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Too Cute! I'm so happy that you had a girl. Josh said "I hope Katie has a girl! Everyone has had boys except Josie and Abbie."
    We miss you guys! James is so sweet, I think it's the haircut, good job on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING! Such a beautiful baby. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you all. She is so so beautiful. Come to visit us again. Joe can't wait to see his little buddy. Love Patty Congedo

    ReplyDelete