Granny Margaret turned 96 last Saturday and we all got together to celebrate. To make the event even more festive we modified James' birthday hat from his first birthday to suit Granny. The fun part was that Granny forgot she had it on and wore it the entire time. I finally felt like it was money well spent since James refused to wear it at all when he turned 1.
Here's beautiful Granny Margaret!
Julianne baked the most delicious carrot & pineapple cake I've ever had.
This is a regular scene in the Gaspard kitchen--Dinah often whips together delicious meals for large crowds.
Hmm...why is Jennifer Aniston so happy these days? 'Good Housekeeping' inquires.
James loves to tease Granny Margaret by wiping her kisses off as soon as he gets them. He knows it will make her laugh so he does it every time.
Papa was celebrating too, enjoying his ice cream.
James played the mood music--you can imagine the mood.
James likes to tell me, "I got a boogur," and I wish I could say I have no idea where he learned that from.
Here's Granny on the phone with Todd & Sedona in NYC. Julianne craftily put the phone on speaker so we could all enjoy the conversation although Granny had no idea we were listening in.
Here's Granny opening a card which mocks her arch-nemesis, Hillary Clinton. Don't get her started.
Happy Birthday Granny! We love you very much.
Other than that we're just waiting around for you know what...











I'm so excited to see you wearing that necklace Katie!!! Looks like a fun celebration. We can't wait for the next birthday....baby Gaspard. We love you all.
ReplyDeleteCongradulations on the birth of your little princess!!! May God grant Anastasia Kathryn, many, many years! Love, Olivia
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! On the birth of your little princess!!! May God grant Anastasia Kathryn, many, many years! Love, Olivia
ReplyDelete