Monday, May 26, 2008

Two Years Old!

James is two years old everybody! This happened May 2 but here's an update on what we were doing to celebrate that day. James has been saying, "dolphins jump!" almost everyday since we went to the dolphin show at the Shedd Aquarium. So we decided to see the Brookfield Zoo dolphin show on James' birthday. It was pouring that morning but we made it happen anyways. Christine & Isaac really sacrificed too by driving the hour out there and putting up with me forgetting the umbrella and the stroller!
Img_5499



















James motions at the dolphins to begin the show
Img_5488



Img_5493

















































Isaac had never seen dolphins before and was just as thrilled as James was the first time!
Img_5504




























Img_5483




























Img_5509





















When the rain stopped we went to check out the fountain.
Img_5513





















James had one request which was "see those giraffes." So off we went to see those giraffes and we would have left giraffeless if Christine hadn't found them indoors because they weren't outside that day due to rain.
Img_5517




























Img_5526


















Img_5532



















Img_5527




























Img_5537
































Then it was home for naps and James had some balloons waiting for him when he woke up. The balloons were the best way I've ever found to keep James still for a diaper change. I think I'll keep those around.
Img_5541



























Img_5546























We opened some presents before Clay had to go to work for his overnight 7pm-7am shift. He picked up the night shift so he could be able to come to James' & Josie's birthday party the next day. I don't know how he  did it but he survived and made it to the party.
Img_5549


















Img_5556






























Later that night Chris, Christine & Isaac came over to celebrate with pizza and cake for their Godson's birthday.
Img_5558



















Img_5560



















Whoa, calm down James. What's the matter? You have some kind of problem with being served birthday cake at 9pm?
Img_5566


















Img_5574



















Img_5577



















Then James opened his gift from his Godparents which was a wonderful icon of St. Herman of Alaska framed with a quote from him. I would type out the quote but I've already packed it up with the rest of our house! It was a very thoughtful gift.
Img_5581



















Img_5583



3 comments:

  1. Do you make any money with the book links on the left of this site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is TWO MONTHS OLD! We're ready for more updates... maybe now that James is a little bit older and can talk, you can teach him how to post pictures of himself on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is Texas????? I'm sure you can find a picture of James with a BIG smile saying Hello Dallas Texas! I know he loves being here even though he is hotter than he has ever been in his two year old life.

    ReplyDelete