On April 26th Todd and Sedona were married in New York and we traveled to Tarrytown for their beautiful wedding. Clay was the best man and James was the ring bearer. Although they wisely did not give him a ring to bear which I suppose makes him the flower girl escort--equally as cute. From our point of view the wedding was perfect--very well organized, well fed and beautiful. Clay gave a great speech in Todd's honor which I'm so sad that I didn't video tape but I was too nervous for him and promised to be prepared to laugh loudly at any jokes that might fall short with the crowd--he didn't need me though since he did a great job.
I know it's been a long time but I thought I'd post these photos before
Todd & Sedona are expecting their second kid and moving back to
Texas. Here are some photos from the rehearsal dinner that Clay's parents put together, just like ours, and created a wonderful atmosphere to celebrate the couple. Too bad they're out of the rehearsal dinner business now.
The Cullum family, long time friends of the Gaspards, put together this game for Todd & Sedona just like they did for us at our rehearsal dinner. Basically, the lucky couple is asked a series of questions concerning marriage and encouraged to blame one another for their short comings. Whoever wants to answer first can raise their styrofoam bride or groom into the air. Clay and I still like to play this game at home but we use our fingers instead of styrofoam people...and usually no one is laughing. I expect the Cullums' son, Christian, to really get it this next month at his wedding...
The next day.....James and I went to the pool and took a nap while Clay and my parents visited "Jay Gould's mansion called Lyndhurst." Clay says I have to say this and post these photos. I enjoy the fact that he finds these types of things interesting--historical landmarks & plaques, reading the news, reading, paying attention, etc. but I'd just rather take a nap.
Hey, remember what Todd & Sedona look like? Now picture them in a wedding dress and a tux...I hope you'll forgive me but I don't have any wedding day photos of the special couple. It's just that there were 3 photographers there and I could tell they were all doing a good job judging from their large flashes and all-black attire. I've been to a lot of weddings and I can say that Sedona was one of the most stunningly beautiful brides I've ever seen. Todd looked good too but since he was wearing the same outfit as all the other guys he didn't stand out as much. Here we are having fun on the patio during the reception. That's the Hudson River in the background.
This is Clay's Mother's Cousin's family--second cousins? Either
way--our family members who we're really looking forward to living near
in Texas-- Wilson, Anders & Tim.
Hollis did a great job as flower girl. She led James down the aisle like a pro--don't have any photos of that either, yet. James was tugging at his bow tie most of the way down the aisle which I thought was really funny because both Todd & Clay have issues with things being too tight around their necks--add one more to the club. Here, James and Hollis have found some ants crawling on a leaf.
Hollis and big brother, Wilson
After the wedding we traveled into NYC to see the sights like FAO Schwartz toy store. James couldn't believe that he was finally looking at real dinosaurs.
There was even a Harry Potter section. Here, James gets a good look at the world's most bloated wizard.
Congratulations, Todd & Sedona! We love you and had a wonderful time at your wedding!














Thank you for these fun photos and for being there!
ReplyDeleteWe love you!