It's been a cold couple of weeks in Chicago and we've been passing some of the time by visiting our local museums. Last week we went to the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum with Laura, Jonah & Manny. This first picture is from the butterfly terrarium which James loved. To my knowledge, he didn't even kill any butterflies. 
Baby Manny is getting so big! He is a very calm and distinguished young gentleman.
I think the kids may have had the most fun running wildly passed the stuffed lives while Manny had his diaper changed. 
James did take the time to stop and read an ornithology guide. That's just a word I know. OK, Clay told me to use 'ornithology guide' and when I asked him how to spell it he said, "it's spelled the way it sounds, Katie." I didn't set this photo up. James actually picked up a book on birds, climbed into this chair, and read it for maybe a minute.
Then James took the book around to the exhibits to do some fact checking. Hmm, where's the section on stuffed deer?
I told James that the Bald Eagle is the President of all birds. I'm going to feel really bad for him when he starts to understand me and think I'm smart for a few years. This, by the way, is why I go to museums with Laura who likes to read the signs.
Then he used the ornithology guide as a hat.
James is becoming quite particular with his likes and dislikes. For example, here James preferred to sit with some reading material after his bath in his socks, only.
James has been perfecting the perfect, "cheeeeeeeeesssse."
On another day we had Josie and Lynn over to play. Look at these kooky kids!
Here, James is caught mid-air jumping on the furniture! (I'm trying to sound like a good mom who doesn't normally allow this type of behavior)
And finally, as a romantic Valentine's Day present Clay made me banana & nutella crepes for dessert just like the kind we devoured during our honeymoon in Paris. The crepes were delicious!






No comments:
Post a Comment