When we got to Texas to see the Gaspards the first stop was Granny Margaret's house for lunch
Granny got out a history book about east Dallas and she likes to talk about how things aren't the way they used to be. She usually starts these sentences with "Honey...."
Then it was time to go to the Flooded Canyon House in Marble Falls, near Austin.
James wants to learn to read just like Gigi. He's reading his favorite book, "Best Friends," which has dogs and cats dressed up in outfits and being best friends together. 
Then it was time for the lake! Our good friends Mark & Sally bought James a real professional life jacket for professional infant jet skiers. Here is James entering the lake...
I'm not going to say 'I told you so' but I'll just say that James knows danger when it's nearly about to swallow him into a black abyss. He actually did calm down in the water and I will also say that it wasn't nearly as traumatic of an experience as I had anticipated...so maybe I was wrong, maybe.
And the exit...
James gets a hug from Aunt Julianne to make it all better
This is the stage we've entered lately--we sometimes have a grouch on our hands. I've tried to explain the concept to James about not burning bridges but I can never finish before he hits me in the face.
He's still our precious little baby
While in town we received some very exciting news--Uncle Todd and Serious Girlfriend Sedona are engaged!!! We are so excited to have Sedona in the Gaspard family--we really love her a lot. So...here are Aunt Sedona and Uncle Todd at another exciting event--the big nine-two for Todd.
James got dressed up for dinner. He loves these boots and he'll bring them to me so he can wear them.
James hijacked an old wagon for sale at an antique store outside the restaurant. A wise man once said that it's better to steal than to scream while people are eating their dinner.
Here's Granny with all of her grandchildren and one of her great grandchildren. Granny turns 95 next month!
Uncle Paul lives in Dallas too so he came over a couple of times to visit. James took him on a walk around the block.
Thank you for a great trip Papa & Gigi! And thank you Mark & Sally for a wonderful weekend at the "Lake House," we really enjoy spending time with you all.













No comments:
Post a Comment