Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kueck Town

A recent highlight in our spring has been the Kuecks visit from Colorado during Bleys' spring break. It was wonderful to visit with them and to see how big the kids have grown. James and Josie hit it off as usual. Silas and Ana were perfect angels, as usual.

Here we are visiting with Dinah on the back porch.


Bleys threw some baseballs to the kids. Josie's game face is priceless...








































Every once in a while the kids needed to take a break with a show. Their view was not to be interrupted. I think James' expression is saying, "if I could look away from the screen I would be so mad at you for getting in my way!"

Breakfast time. They haven't had their coffee yet.


Morning Silas!

OK, we needed a show break more than every once in a while. 
The perfect opportunity to hold still for a picture.




















One day we went to the Arboretum. James was under the impression that we were driving to "A Burrito Restaurant" but quickly recovered and enjoyed himself upon arrival.



Josie had her face painted as a beautiful butterfly. She was disappointed that it was only painted on one side of her face. She was too smart to believe us when we told her it was just painted mid-flap. Lynn spent quite a while consoling her and apologizing for that lazy free Dallas face painter.

Some of Bleys' students made this Lost shirt for Silas.
"Come on guys, I found the hatch." (Insert better Lost quote of your own, I struggled here)
He's not on the manifest?!


Another good time when the kids were somewhat stabilized for a group picture.
Notice how everyone is having a good old time but not Silas.
His keen observation skills have picked up on a foreign object in the waters.

"Guys, that doesn't seem like it belongs in here..."

"That's not a bath toy!"

"Get me out of here!"
No one pooped in the tub. Just trying to make it interesting.
In fact, as I write, James is officially potty trained! Hooooraaay! Thanks to my Dad. Good job Pop!

Look at these two! Here they are enjoying a meal on the veranda.
I just googled 'veranda' to see if that word applies, it doesn't really but sounds fancy. I'm keeping it.

We love you Kuecks! Thank you for coming to Dallas! It was a wonderful visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment