Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Most Snowfall In One Day, In Dallas

We have been treated this year with a lot of snow we didn't expect. It has been really fun to have this wintry surprise.
This day we had the most snowfall ever recorded in one day in Dallas history.
 
  

When Clay got home he built a snowman with James. 
Look at that snowman's expression--he's even surprised to be here!


  


"Hey, what are you guys doing out there? That looks like fun...Hey, guys?"


The next day my guilt drove me outside to play with the kids. I mean, this will probably never happen again--is what the neighbors say, so we needed to make the most of it. We found that the snow was cartoon-quality packing snow. I built this second snowman in, probably, 10 minutes. 
You know, like in a cartoon where they roll snowmen very easily. 

Ana, who was finally permitted to explore this strange whiteness, stood next to me and cried the whole time I constructed Frosty.
I told her before that it was cold but she kept begging to get out. 
Here is James responsibly holding her in place for the photo.
 

  


"I don't know what you guys have been doing out here this whole time! Are you crazy!?"
Then everyone went their own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment