We traveled up to Oklahoma to visit with friends Ann-Maree and Melissa during the weekend Ann-Maree had an art show in OKC. It was a great treat to see the girls and I was very proud of Ann-Maree.
Oh, and I was worried about taking a 2 year old to an art show. So silly of me, so so silly.
Actually, James was very well behaved (according to certain standards). Here he is reading the artist's comments and biography. No one seemed to mind his dancing and spilling of cheez-its. I kept him away from the naky nudy prints in the back room and it was an overall successful evening. Thanks for not being embarrassed by us, Ann-Maree!
Mom & Dad's friend, Bob, stopped by for a visit with a pretty cool hat that he let James try on.
Back in Dallas the kids and I went to Uncle Paul's Christmas work party. Everyone was shocked to see Paul walking around with a baby which was almost as upsetting as that time the Sears Photographer mistook my Dad for James' Dad. We set the record straight and it was fun to see where Paul works.
Paul's cubicle included a computer, a book on Java (apparently not meaning coffee), these decorations and a giant note to self area......
Later I had fun adding a few extra notes like 'sign up for ballet' and 'start bathing'.
Here's James helping me untangle the Christmas lights. Talk about quality time...
this last picture brought tears to my eyes (really!). anastasia is SO stinkin' beautiful. i can't wait to hold that sweet baby girl and james in my arms. hope that will be very soon!!! love to you all.
ReplyDeletevery cute pictues....we love reading your blog:) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteKatie, my dad was once mistaken for the boys' dad too! Ick! Maybe in part because Jonah saying "Pop-Pop" sounds like "Papa", but still, how does one make that mistake? Perhaps our fathers should take it as a compliment that they look so youthful. I, for one, will try never to think of that again, though I now I have battle you bringing it to mind. =)
ReplyDeleteThat last pic is great.