We are now getting settled at our new home in Dallas. Clay's parents have really fixed up a duplex they have owned for 35 years and given us a wonderful place to live. I'm not sure we're going to be very motivated to find a place to buy now that we've got such a nice apartment. We are now living on the first floor but the second floor is where Clay was brought home from the hospital when he was born. Jim & Dinah live less than a mile away as does his 95 year old grandmother, Granny.
I haven't been too motivated to get the camera out in this heat but I couldn't resist when James started tackling Papa after a game of catch. It is hard to start over but this photo reminds me of why we came.
Aunt Julianne is home for the summer with her two cocker spaniels, Brody & Riley. James knows them as Wody & Wiwey. He got a big kick out of watching the dogs shake after their baths.
As a surprise I went and bought Clay a whole new wardrobe for his new job since he had been wearing scrubs for the past 5 years. I knew he wouldn't mind if I purchased the new items he would need for his new management position. I felt just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she finally starts getting some respect from the shop ladies. When he got home from work I had all of the new clothes laid out (see below) and he only wanted to return a few things. Success!
This is how handsome Clay looked on his first day of work! This is also very similar to the way he looked two weeks later when he told me he had just discovered the managers at his new job wear scrubs. I didn't feel like taking a picture right then.
I took his photo here because he has pictures of himself on these very steps of his parent's house from the first day of school dating back to kindergarten. 
James wants to be just like Daddy. Here he is taking getting a page from work. 





Katie, I think we need a side-by-side comparison of Clay's first day of school picture. Get JA to scan it! :-)
ReplyDeleteI would like to take a few minutes to copy and paste a quote from the baby widget....
ReplyDelete"Your baby kind of looks like she's/he's coated in a layer of cream cheese these days."
Is anyone else grossed out by this?
Clay(and siblings), it is nice to see another person in this world likes to take "first day" pictures for posterity! So there!
ReplyDelete