Although I usually mock my husband's obsession with half-price Mondays at Unique Thrift Store I have recently been forced to eat my words. We found a double stroller for a very low price. So, I decided to test the stroller out by taking James and Isaac to the zoo on one of the nicer days we had last week. 
Here we are parked in front of the lions den. They don't look very impressed now but later on we went inside when the lion was roaring and both boys were speechless...and concerned. I had to keep telling James that he was "safe" which seems to make him feel better.
Later we arrived just in time to see the seals being fed their afternoon snack. Sorry, these pictures are all going to be pretty much the same. Two kids plus one adult equals you're not getting out of this stroller unless I have one of those baby leash things.
While the seal was being fed he put his nose under the water to blow bubbles a couple of times. Each time James looked confused and he'd yell very sternly, "BLESS YOU!" It almost sounded like he was correcting the seal's manners.
Then to the kid's play area at the zoo. I did quickly consider letting the boys crawl through that jungle gym you see behind them. Here, Isaac is realizing that he may not be in the care of a proper guardian.
Here, a stranger approaches these brave boys with a snake and neither of them batted an eye. I've got to teach these boys about stranger danger. Nice old lady=stranger. Snake=danger. Nice old lady who likes snakes=totally weird. Just kidding, they were quite friendly old ladies and not weird at all.
Did you know that touching a snake is a two old lady job? The first old lady holds the snake and the second old lady pumps anti-bacterial foam onto your hand. Just a little fact I learned at the zoo.
Thanks for lending me my Godson for the day, Schmidts! I have to say the double stroller made all of those xxl wool 70's pants Clay likes to bring home from the thrift store worth all the effort we spend throwing that stuff away.



This is hilarious Katie. Someone should tell the zoo and it's employees that antibacterial hand stuff has been found to poison young children.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope the zoo people don't read this blog. I'm not sure how much these snake women would like it if they knew they were being referred to as "old ladies" on your blog, Katie. You just wait until you're their age and some young "hip" mom blogs about the "old lady with the camera" who is scaring her kids. We'll see who is laughing then, won't we?
ReplyDeleteHey, I mean old lady in a very endearing way! I could have said 'crazy old bats with the snake' but I didn't. They're nice old ladies.
ReplyDeleteLynn, I don't think they'd take me seriously if I brought that to their attention since snakes have been known to poison young children too. But you're right.
I am dying. Seriously, laughing so hard that things (hopefully just boogers) are spraying from my face. I also have a side-ache. Thanks for the laughs! I miss you...
ReplyDelete