Last year at All Saints Eve James & Josey dressed up as Adam & Eve (see Oct/Nov 2006 post). This year they went as..............
Father Patrick and Khouria Denise Reardon! (our priest and his wife) It was a hit, I hope.
The gray yarn on James' hat is supposed to look like he's balding. Both kids did a fantastic job of staying in character and not pulling off their costume. Last year James cried when everybody laughed at how cute they were but this year he seemed to be able to laugh along with everybody.
And here's the real deal--a very close likeness. I loved Josephine's MOPS pin & stuffed cat (Khouria Denise loves her cats!)
Another hit was Isaac who went as John the Baptist. Isaac set a record for most cooperative baby as that yarn & wig were hanging in his face for quite a while. He just calmly looked into the crowd with his one eye that was peeping through the wig.
Chris did a great job introducing Isaac. I think he was playing an unspecific older Jewish gentleman who somehow knew John the Baptist. Everyone did a great job!
Jonah was over to play again last week. James asks for Jonah now so it's a good thing he lives so close. Look at these two--sharing again? James loves his "bapes." He also loves to read "boops."
Here's James on his 18 month birthday! He's watching his Daddy mow the grass in the front yard.
This week James has started saying "Love You" in response to us when we tell him that we love him-- ah, life is complete. Then he asks for money, which I thought was an especially advanced form of manipulation for his age.
James loves to turn the lights on and off. I've resorted to propping a chair up against the wall where I leave him standing to flip the light switch while I do work around the house. If he's in the mood to mess with the lights he'll point at the switch and start yelling "off, off, off!" The lamps with a pull switch are also fun but require more supervision.
That night we had friends over and halfway through the gathering I declared it James' half-birthday party. Here's Jeremy, Isaac, James & Chris.
Here's Clay. I know, honey, you say it all with your eyes and I love you too.
Today James sat patiently at the table while I did the dishes--a very good boy. He can climb up on the chair by himself.
What do you think? Too flashy?
James is trying out disguises to wear in public to keep a private life from his adoring fans.








No comments:
Post a Comment