Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Rest of the Trip

For the rest of our time in Oklahoma we spent it mostly with friends, gardening, and I did make time to go to part of my reunion after alll, which I am glad for. James discovered a western tradition, cowboy boots. He kept the boots on longer than I thought he would and there's a chance that he actually likes them--it was funny to watch him clomping around.
Img_5394


















Img_5372



























Img_5380



























Img_5373


















Then he helped Grammie with some gardening
Img_5365

















Img_5359


















Img_5383

















Img_5385



























A picture of irony
Img_5392



























We also had some friends over for lunch and a pool party. Here are Rubin & Isaac, my friend Melissa's sons.
Img_5340


















Our Harry Potter party was canceled for the good reason of the hostess giving birth to our new buddy Max. If you ask me, that's why God invented epidurals, so you could throw parties while giving birth, but no one asked. Oh yes, my point--I was going to dress James up as Hedwig the owl with this hat.
Img_5417



























Here's why that wouldn't have worked.
Img_5416



























Here's the reunion--I'm posting most of these for my friend, Paige, who wasn't there but I know would be interested to see if, in her words, "karma played itself out" over the last ten years. It was really fun to catch up with a lot of great people I hadn't talked to since graduation day.
Img_5434

















Here are my friends, Melissa & Mike, whom I asked ahead of time to talk to me at the reunion in an effort to avoid that lunchroom feeling all over again. Here they are playing it cool. Does this look say "I've had a successful last ten years" or what?
Img_5445


















This is my good friend, Kathryn and her husband Chris. Kathryn's nickname is 'Captain' because the first time she called I thought she said 'Captain' instead of 'Kathryn' and assumed the phone call was just another attempt to recruit me into the army, but I was nice and listened to her pitch until I realized she just wanted me to pick up a shift for her at Cowboy Bobs. That's right, Cowboy Bob's, a waitress.
Img_5431


















Img_5454


















Img_5447








Img_5441


















No comments:

Post a Comment