Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Our Trip to Creede

Apologies! We're overdue for some photos on the Gaspard blog and it's
been a hectic week getting back in town! We had a great second half of
our vacation in Colorado with the Poley side. We spent a few days in
Oklahoma before driving over 12 hours to Creede, CO and James did great
in the car. Before we left we took a dip in our neighbors pool...This is James playing with Isaac, my friend Melissa's son in Oklahoma. Isaac was born in Feb.



Img_4840_1


























Dad gets James all ready for the pool/makes sure his skin will never see the light of day.



Img_4860_1









































Img_4895_1




























When we first arrived in Colorado we found a rainbow just outside of our cabin--it was a beautiful area!
Img_4912_1


























Img_4921_2

























Dad, Clay and I took a hike while Grammie watched James.
Img_4964_1
























Then James got to come on a hike too and really seemed to enjoy it! He loves being carried up the side of a mountain.
Img_4980_1









































Img_4994_1
























Img_5000_1

























Img_5002_1









































James takes 5.
Img_5016_1









































We took a driving tour in the mountains to look at old mines. Creede was originally a mining town.
Img_5021_1
























A good abandoned mine always has clear & direct signage for safety.
Img_5028_1









































We visited a local waterfall. I used to work at a Young LIfe
backpacking camp in Creede 4 years ago and we would rock climb at these
falls.
Img_5036_1
























Img_5046_1









































Img_5058_1
























Two handsome boys.
Img_5063_1









































Here is the Young Life base camp in Creede. It really meant a lot to me
to be back visiting with my family and to show them what life was like
that summer.
Img_5071_1
























Img_5072_1
























James is a wonderful road trip companion.
Img_5080_1
























Img_5087_1









































One day Clay and I took a hike by ourselves.
Img_5107_1
























Img_5109_1
























Img_5111_1
























Img_5117_1
























Img_5130_1
























Dad taught us how to flyfish.
Img_5139_1









































Img_5151_1
























Img_5157_1
























Img_5181_1
























We spent a day in Telluride because Clay had to fly home early. I
accidentally left my purse in the gondola and we hit a deer on the way
home--it was quite adventurous.
Img_5184_1









































Img_5206_1









































James takes his first gondola ride. He was wondering how the cars stay
on such a small wire without falling off, I told him that I ask myself
that everyday.
Img_5208_1









































Img_5216_1









































Back in Creede, the girls go shopping & the boys played in the street.
Img_5226_1









































Outside of the mining museum in Creede there are chipmunks & Golden
Ground Squirrels that have become accustomed to people and they will
take food right out of your hand. While I was taking these photos, 2
squirrels jumped on my back!
Img_5248_1









































Img_5263_1









































James is becoming such a big boy that we think he's ready for a seat belt.
Img_5275_1










































This is the day that I learned to fly fish and my Dad said I was doing pretty well...
Img_5300_1









































Until I fell in.
Img_5357_1









































Outside on the porch of our cabin.
Img_5363_1









































Back at home in Oklahoma, Uncle Drew feels a little awkward around babies and doesn't quite know what to do with them.
But we know he secretly loves James.
Img_5382_1









































Img_5388_1Img_5385_1


















































Grammie, Pop & James. Grammie is such a good gardener and grows these flowers in her backyard.
Img_5424_1









































Img_5502_1









































Here we are on the balcony of Paul's apartment where I swore I would
never let James set foot since he's on the 17th floor. When he can walk
he won't be allowed to set foot out there, mark my words.
Img_5513_1
























And finally we arrived home again. James got his very own sign on the plane, and it's pretty accurate.
Img_5527_1
























When we got home, James was big enough to try out a new toy. But he's still into biting and less into jumping at this point.
Img_5539_1
























Img_5541_1



1 comment:

  1. katie you are just so beautiful! and you both look like you are enjoying baby james so much. i must say i thought it rather funny that you left your purse on the gondola such an upity place to leave it.
    love and hugs - ruthie
    ps would have loved to see you fly fishing - you are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete