Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, James! You're 3!

IMG_1431


IMG_1428


I know, we can't believe it either. Three years old. We had a wonderful party hosted at Jim & Dinah's house with lots of help from everyone on food, decorations and fun. Cousin Angie let us borrow her jumpy house and the Gaspards really beautified their backyard. The party ended around 2pm and by 3 it was raining harder than I've seen it rain this entire year! I was so thankful that we avoided the storm! The best part was all of James' friends & family who came to celebrate with us. Thanks to Janet for all of the great photo taking I didn't have time to even think about!
IMG_1425

IMG_1432


Sister and Grammie were so excited too!
IMG_1437


IMG_1468


The birthday song and cake will be best described in the following photos...
IMG_1377


IMG_1380


IMG_1381


The photo is blurry because Clay and I were running to James' rescue. James stood on the porch while we sang and covered his eyes the entire time. At the end of the song he broke out in a howl and began to cry. We suspect that he may have some anxiety associated with too much attention because he cried when we were cheering him on at his Easter egg hunt too. You can see that he quickly warmed up again...
IMG_1385


IMG_1393


IMG_1395

Look at Paul & Paul. You see now why I was shocked that my son didn't look exactly like me. The Poleys usually just clone themselves.
IMG_1456


Later Papa measured James to see how much he had grown since he turned 3.
IMG_1481


Papa & Gigi gave James a fun scooter for his birthday that moves when you steer the wheel. When we asked James if he wanted to ride it he said, "I'm pooped" which we all understood because it had been a long day. After further questioning, however, we discovered that he had actually said, "I pooped" and, therefore, refused to sit down. Which is why Clay is doing the scooter demo.
IMG_1502


It was a long, fun day. This is all he would give me for expression at the end of it all. He had a good time.
IMG_1500


After the storm it was time to go home for a bath. Ana adores big brother.
IMG_1526



IMG_1544



No comments:

Post a Comment