This month we've been staying indoors and keeping warm, except for those days when the temperature randomly reaches 60-something. For example, here we have the day after Christmas, yes, Dec.26...
Ana has been acknowledging her limbs as of late. She has started reaching for toys and enjoys long periods of time reflecting on the wonders of her own hands. Here we have documented the very first time we noticed her kicking a toy on purpose. Please pretend to be excited with us. Much thanks.
Look at this pair, Ana distracts me with cuteness while James rifles through my camera bag.
James received this drawing board as a Christmas gift and we tried to get him to write some letters by copying the letter magnets which accompany the board. He refused and said he wanted privacy but when I walked back into the room I found this! That is clearly an 'E' in the lower right corner! And I'm pretty sure I see either a 'G' or a '6' in the lower left. We should hear back from our scholarship applications in a few weeks.
After putting Ana down for a nap one day I walked into our dining room to hear a sheepish voice admit, "I fed the fish." What ensued reminded me of the movie Seven where that guy is murdered by eating too much spaghetti (don't see it). Our poor fish were covered in approximately a cup of fish food.
After I take a few shots and make sure I got the right angle and the right lighting you are getting the spanking of a lifetime!!!
James is ticked that I made him pose for a photo before going out to play. You'll thank me one day, buddy. Or at least I'll just keep thanking myself, as usual.
We can't believe how quickly Ana is growing up. James is helping me take some photos to preserve the memories.
James likes to play a game we call 'basket head' where he puts a basket on his head, usually fully clothed but you get the idea. Here James has escaped from a diaper change and immediately initiated a game of basket head. Something tells me that Ana won't be playing basket head.
We get a kick out of seeing Ana in her little Bumbo seat. She looks so teensy tiny.
Ana is already a big talker and she loves it when we make conversational sounds back to her. That snail is a very intent listener, well worth the money.
No comments:
Post a Comment